Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas 2013......

I am not too creative with the titles of my blog posts LOL. This Christmas has been lovely, despite the fact I had to work Christmas eve and day. I do work permanent night shifts so it certainly beat having to work during the day, but made for one tired nurse. I work one more shift and then I have 4 days off in a row for New Years- yay!!

First of all, before i post any Christmas pictures, here are my last 2 Nuts About Sketches posts. I am working on a Disney album from the trip my daughter and I went on in September. The Simple Stories Say Cheese collection is fabulous, I adore it!

This layout was taken by a Disney photographer at Hollywood Studios. I love the picture frame prop, so cool! I suppose we could have smiled lol

As you can see, I rotated the sketch




This next one was during the afternoon parade at Animal Kingdom. I love Minnie Mouse
 <3 and she looked sooooo adorable! Amazing that this picture was taken with my iPhone- that's all I used down there and got some awesome pictures!



Now. on to some Christmas pictures and things!!! 

My tree and some of the house decorations.



The family portrait-  I made my husband get this taken to send to his Grandmother's, so I am lucky that he did it, I couldn't get upset that he didn't smile LOL. Kate is 16, and her brother Christopher is not here- he is 28 and lives in another town.


My beautiful girl and I <3





Soda gets to open her gifts first :) she was so excited and got plenty of treats!



                     A mobile cart for my scraproom!!!! My favorite gift from my hubby


My Mom and Dad opening their gift from me


The cousins :) My daughter with my sister's two boys. I love this picture. very seldom do we get three of them together now that they are older.



So there you have a little peek of what Christmas looks like at my place. 


And lastly, two of the last Christmas cards that I made for my sister to give to her best friends. I really like how these turned out. This first one was an idea I took from Pinterest



On this one, the snowflakes are die cuts I cut with my Big Kick and they are embossed with iridescent embossing powder- the picture doesn't do it justice, as the snowflake is much prettier in real life


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and here is hoping that 2014 treats you all well!!!!

Darlene








7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Darlene. Love your LOs ...looks like you and Kate had sooo much fun ! and I loved seeing your Christmas pics. Your Mom and Dad haven't changed one bit since we were kids! and loved seeing the photo of Kate and Peggy's two boys... I don't think I've ever seen a photo of them! All the best in 2014 and may we remain scrappy friends! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too Michelle! Thanks for stopping by :) And of course we will remain scrappy friends :) Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely home and looks like a wonderful Christmas. I'm getting ready to scrap my Disney pics, too, and love your LOs! Say Cheese line is awesome. Happy New Year, Darlene. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynda!! I am just in love with that collection- it's so fun without being TOO Disney, you know? Happy New Year to you, too!

      Delete
  4. Wow Darlene! You've been busy with the layouts and cards, which by the way are GORGEOUS!! TFS your christmas photos as well. I love the ones with sweet Soda. And just look at that tail wag! She was happy to go first! And that mobile scrappy cart is awesome! Wishing you and your a family a Happy New Year!! Let 2014 be the BEST year YET!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brandy!! haha yes Soda was VERY happy to open her gifts. The scrappy cart is the best- it holds a LOT and is keeping my room much better organized, I love it!! I wish the same for you and your family for 2014 also!!!!

      Delete