Saturday, May 3, 2014

Starlight, Star Bright.....

I love this challenge over at Catherine and Cathy Create. As soon as I read it I thought of the star stamp collection I have by Sarah Hurley. The hanging stars and the sentiment are both part of the set. I saw a post that Cathy has made on a private scrapbook group that we are both part of, were she showed pictures of the Prima doll stamps by Julie Nutting, and I happen to own 6 of them, and then the idea for this stamp popped into my head. I think of it as a girl at her high school graduation dance and the stars are part of the decorations hanging from the ceiling. I used papers and the flower stamp from Prima's Stationer's Desk collection - I just adore that collection! Even the crystal jewel is part of that. The small flower is also Prima. Her dress is cut from papers from the collection too. Her hair and shoes are colored with Copic markers. The stars were stamped with a clear Versamark pad and then embossed with silver American Crafts Zing! metallic embossing powder- I just looove this stuff!!

Have a look over at Catherine and Cathy Create and see all the amazing creations by the designers this month- very inspiring!!!

Happy National Scrapbook Day!!!!


 

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely exquisite piece of Art! I love every element of the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. freakin' Gorgeous Darlene!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeahhhhhhhhhh, love those dolls!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the background paper and those sequins!! Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful tag Darlene! Just wanted to let you know I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Check out my blog post and play along if you want to! I just wanted to give your blog a "shout out" and pay back to the person who nominated me.

    http://blbabe1234.wordpress.com/2014/05/21/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um... WOW! This tag is SO beautiful! Does that dress come in my size?? ;) I love how you thought outside of the box on this one and used the stars as a perfect accent! Thanks for playing along with Catherine & Cathy Create! :)

    ReplyDelete